Thursday, June 29, 2006

Good news and bad news.....

First the good news.....

YARN!!! This is the other yarn I picked up at Convergence:


I have been wanting some Lisa Souza sock yarn for a while now, but I could never decide on a color. I was always worried that my monitor was wrong or the difference in batches would not be what I expected. So when I could see them in person, I bought 2 skeins. On the left is the SOCK! in Denim and on the right is SOCK! Merino in Wild Thing. (By the way, they look nothing alike in person!) The SOCK! is a 75/25 wool and nylon blend. The SOCK! Merino is 100% superwash merino and is more tightly twisted. (but not as tightly twisted as STR.)

And the bad news.....

Today I somehow contracted some kind of computer virus. I think it came through AOL IM. I heard more people were affected. I did get it removed with no damage (that I know of at least). But good grief, it took HOURS to run a complete virus and spy sweeper scan. Then I also downloaded a new virus program which found 5 more things that needed deleting. If that wasn't enough to really mess up my day, my favorite aunt was hospitalized this morning. She has cancer and unexpectedly needed some platelets today. Her counts were super low and she was having MAJOR nosebleeds. I really wanted to go to the hospital to see her, (she is such a sweetie and I love her like crazy!) so I went and spent a couple of hours there too. I didn't get any knitting or packing done! Tomorrow is gonna be CRAZY!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Catherine Kerth said...

i am so sorry to hear about you aunt... i am thinking of you and your family.... love the sock yarn... hmmm, pretty! and i thought AOL always boasts about stopping viruses?

aija said...

Oh, I hope your bad news turns around!!

(Love the new yarn!)