Thursday, March 22, 2007

Where's the love?

I'm just not feeling it.

Case in point. Lately I have been inspired by this and this and all of this.
This, not so much.
Well I have started and maybe this is one of those patterns that grows on you? Or maybe you need lots more stripes to be wowed? So far, I am definitely not loving it. I need to get a new hook too because this one just feels weird. It kinda squeaks on this yarn. It is grating on me like fingernails on a chalkboard. Shiver!

Not loving the second sock I am working on either.

Not loving the inability to decide on a summer pattern to try.

Not loving the family drama that is going on.

Not loving the new work schedule and how tired I am because of it.

Not loving that I cannot keep my house as clean as I want it.

Not loving the fact that I am obviously really crabby and probably making all of you run like scared rabbits lol.

I promise the next post will not be even remotely as lousy as this one. Really....I promise to behave next time. There is supposed to be some great fun ahead in my weekend. If things go as planned I will have something spectacular to show on Monday! YAY!!!

2 comments:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

It looks good so far. Your examples are beautiful, maybe more colors are the trick! I will be watching to see how this turns out. I need scrap yarn project!

Opal said...

I think you need more ripples before it can really wow you. So keep going. The love will be there!

I was feeling restless for the past week until I finally picked a pattern to start with. Have you tried swatching different patterns or different yarns?