Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Feeling thankful

Today I am feeling very thankful for my knitting. My friend Sal and I were having lunch today and I was showing her my new sock.
This one!
A total stranger (not a scary one at all children) walks up and starts asking questions about the Magic Loop method. She had been using 2 circulars and was really curious about using just one. I showed her how it was done and she is going to try it. She probably would never have said a word to me if I hadn't had that sock going.

Well, this lady kept talking to us off and on and asked if we knew each other before knitting. Well actually Sal and I met because our daughters sang in the same choir. However, KNITTING was what got us together. One night at a concert I was knitting a sock before the singing actually started. Well Sal walked right up to me and started talking socks and yarn and needles. We have been great friends ever since. I don't know what I would do without her.

Knitting equals friends to me. There are many great people in my life that I never would have met if it wasn't for KNITTING! Some of my best friends I have never actually met. It doesn't matter.....we love each other.....we love knitting.....we click. Non knitters do not understand this pneomenon. Belive me, I know. I told someone this a week or two ago and she looked at me like I had a knitting needle sticking right out of my head. Oh well, I don't care if they get it or not. I know they are true friends and they know how much they mean to me.

5 comments:

Opal said...

I totally get what you're saying and I'm so thankful that knitting is what brought you into my life. :-)

Anonymous said...

This is so great. I wish I had more people in my life that knitted - just my best friend! But a great best friend she is!

Anonymous said...

Isn't the online knitting community the best?! I've also never met many of my very good friends.

sheep#100 said...

I have had so many women associated with Neatnik's school telling me how impressed they are with the knitting. Trying to get a group together to meet on a regular basis!

Anonymous said...

Yup!!! Yup, yup, yup. Been there lived that. Best of all, two weeks ago I got to meet some of the people I'd been writing to online via knitting lists for 8 or 9 years, and it was absolutely the best, most joyful reunion one could ever hope for, and I do mean reunion, even if we hadn't met in person before.