Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A new season

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. Maybe even my favorite. I have always been one of those people who couldn't completely decide on a favorite season. There are things I like about all of them. I do know that winter is NOT my favorite. I like snow and Christmas, but winter is just too long and nasty in Michigan. Spring is so wonderful with everything coming back to life, and summer is vacations, beaches, warm weather and camping. But fall.....all those colors, that crisp smell, the welcome cooler temperatures, warm cozy sweaters....mmm....I think it might be my favorite.
This week the hubby brought me a last hurrah of summer from a friend's garden. They are just beautiful!
The colors are just starting to change here. The grass is still green but the leaves are on their way. Hopefully you can see it a little bit on this picture, it was very foggy here this morning. The weather here has been a little odd. We have had really warm temps. It's going to be in the 80's again this weekend. Oh well. The cool temps will come.
Speaking of pretty......my friend Cath sent me this gorgeous hank of Bella bamboo sock yarn this week. I LOVE these colors!!!!!!!

I wasted no time and wound it into this lovely cake. I should have enjoyed it just like that for a while, but I couldn't stand it. I needed to cast on.

So far so good. I love this yarn! I love the colors! I love this pattern! Thanks Cath!
Have a beautiful fall day everyone!

8 comments:

Opal said...

What a gorgeous pattern! I hope you'll be sharing it with everyone here.

Anonymous said...

Oh what splendid colors in that yarn! No wonder you couldn't wait to cast on - I would have been champing at the bit too.

And the pattern looks very cool as well :)

Nice going!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Very beautiful colors. Almost like a little touch of fall at your fingertips!

Anonymous said...

Oh gorgeous! It captures the soft light of fall exactly so. Perfect.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn and pattern! Love those colors!

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Fall is my favorite season too! That yarn is absolutely gorgeous, I'm jealous! : )

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful scarf pattern.
Is it from your head or from someone else's?

Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca