Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A great weekend

I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. I know I did. I will admit to going out with the crazies early Friday morning trying to get the bargains. I didn't get everything I wanted, but I still did ok. I managed to pick up a few Christmas presents, had a great time with my sister and snagged myself a new toy.
Finally, I am the proud owner of a new laptop. I can now take my computer to my favorite knitting spot and multi-task more comfortably than ever. I am still getting used to it, but so far I just love it. Mom's sock has been keeping me company, and as you can see, I am almost done. I just need to kitchener the toe, and woo hoo, a gift is finished.

I have already started another gift too. Another pair of socks, and these will be for my sis.

I'm using a new yarn for me, Araucania Ranco. I picked a semi-solid in shades of gray for her (she usually doesn't like loud socks). I hope I like working with it. It has split a few times already, which really tends to bug me, but the color might win me over.

I almost used this.....

Almost.....you see, I won this skein from Sharon's blog. I love the colors (Sharon dyed it), so I wasn't sure I could give it up. She sent it all the way from South Africa. My kids were so impressed. They think it is so cool that I know people all over the world. I am always talking about Arkansas, Texas or Hawaii because I have knitting friends in all those places. I've said it before, but I just love how knitting brings people together.

9 comments:

Opal said...

Congratulations on the new laptop! Maybe now we'll get to chat more often!

I'm glad you're saving that yarn for yourself. You definitely need to save it up for a pair for yourself.

Beth said...

Now you can bring your laptop next time you come up and we can do a tandem blog post from the shop - I have wireless!

Bea said...

Congrats on the new laptop! Don't they just make knitting and surfing together that much more fun?

I love that pink yarn. I wouldn't have been able to give it away. She'll like the other yarn just as well!

Anonymous said...

A new laptop! How fun is that!

And that multi-pink yarn is so beautiful - no one in their right mind would blame you for keeping it. Make something wonderful with it just for you :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for new toys to enjoy!

Susan Pandorf said...

I'm working on a scarf in one of the Ranco multis. Haven't noticed any splitting so far...

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

That yarn is gorgeous! Have fun playing with your new toys!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new laptop!!! New toys are always a good thing ;)

Gorgeous pink yarn!!! My daughter would drool over it (and she's only 6, lol)

Got your message on Ravelry.. sorry I haven't responded.. things have been a bit time consuming over here... but then, that's nothing new!

hugs!

Alpaca Granny said...

Oh, a laptop for yourself. Way to go!