Saturday, March 01, 2008

At least my feet are warm

Well I think (actually I am sure of it) I have a bad case of the winter blahs. I have accomplished very little, I am totally sick of snow and dreary weather and I'm just a little grumpy.

BUT.......................

At least my feet are warm.

AND I have really cute slippers. Finally I finished (including embellishments) my own Felted Clogs. I still say this pattern is genius, a great stashbuster and it's such a comfortable slipper to wear. Perfect! Go make yourself some! Really.
-
This is going to be the shortest post on record but the last couple of weeks have just been the kind where nothing is very exciting. I have done some knitting, organizing, baking and spinning but the slippers will have to be enough for the blog for today.
-
What do you all do to keep yourself from getting the winter blahs?

8 comments:

Opal said...

Those are the cutest clogs. Ever. I don't think I'd have many occasions to wear them, but I'm now faced with a deep and abiding need to have a pair. In grey and *pink* no less. Evil woman. :-P

Anonymous said...

Those slippers are as cute as can be! What a great job you did :)

The winter blahs are tough - especially as you approach the end of the season knowing that it will be over soon - but isn't yet. But I sometimes find that a big new project that requires some thought is enough to lift my spirits. If I'm feeling creative, then I can't feel blah!

Karen said...

Those are the cutest clogs ever. What a different a little embellishment makes!
I hear you on the winter blahs. I am so ready for spring!

Anonymous said...

Very cute clogs! I'm also really ready for spring...and now I wish I had a cute pair of clogs to make me feel better about the cold!

sheep#100 said...

Lovely slippers. I should like to knit some.

Alpaca Granny said...

'morning, Lisa. Winter blahs? no time today 'cause I've got 2 pumps running to move water out of the barn. ACK! Back to barn.....
Do love your clog/slippers!

Anonymous said...

The clogs are way cute! Now I want some too!

Winer blahs are terrible. I really suffered when I lived in Seattle and didn't see sun for months at a time. My solution? I moved back to California. Spring has sprung here. It is an early one and we may lose blossoms and therefore fruit, but it is warm and pretty.

Not the most helpful answer is it? Maybe if you bought some fresh flowers? Their happy faces and fresh scent might be cheering.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What pretty slippers!