Monday, March 10, 2008

Hope Lodge

A while back I was asked to donate my time to knit and design some squares for a blanket. This blanket will help benefit the Hope Lodge. I had been thinking and praying about doing something knitting related for charity and then Kim contacted me. It was perfect timing and so appropriate. I have an aunt that was diagnosed with cancer (she's doing well by the way), so this cause was near and dear to my heart.
-
Kim also set up this blog highlighting this wonderful opportunity to give back. You can read about you can win this beautiful blanket just by dontating. Chris from Briar Rose dyed and donated all the gorgeous yarn for this one-of-a-kind blanket.
Isn't it beautiful? It is a total joy to knit with!
I made 4 different squares for the blanket. Each stitch was knit with love and the hope that it will do some good.
Click here if you would like to help.
Thanks!

8 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Aw, so nice!

Anonymous said...

Very nice squares for a great cause!

Opal said...

Beautiful squares for a beautiful cause. :)

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The squares are fabulous, and the colour way is very pretty! Good job!

Chris said...

Lisa!!! fabulous job on the squares! I am so excited for this project to come together. Thank you so much for your willingness to knit!
Chris

Suzanne said...

Hi Lisa,
Just wanted to say thank you for your nice comments on my blog. I am a little behind in that department, and I just today updated it and saw your comment. We should try to meet and knit sometime. I thank you for your prayers.
Suzanne

becky c. said...

Great squares! It is going to be such a pretty afghan.

Alpaca Granny said...

Monday, 3/17, you were up all night with sick kid..... Hope that your get a nap today. I think this is one of the main reasons that only young folks should have kids.
Maple