Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hello again!

I hope you all are doing well. It's been a busy spring here. Soccer season is coming to an end, the greenhouses are almost empty and the world is once again a beautiful green place.


My daughter took this beautiful picture of a tree blooming in our front yard. I'm so happy that spring is here!
---
I've been busy with a couple of designs over the last month or two. Two were extra patterns for the Woolgirl sock club. This club is fabulous! If you ever get the chance to join, go for it. She puts together the best kits that I've ever seen. Every time I am amazed at the quality and creativity that goes into each shipment.
---
I've also been spinning a lot. It's so relaxing and it just makes me happy.


These two are the last 2 Spin-along fibers from CJKopec. Inquiry and Midnight Desire. Both werevvery fun to spin and I love how they turned out. Midnight Desire will eventually become something lacy, but I haven't charted anything out for it yet.


This one is the Spin-along fiber from Uniquely Yours for last month. I spun mine with some mill-ends into a bulky single. I love spinning some fat squishy yarns!


Last but not least, and because I am determined to become a good spindler, this little beauty followed me home from the Spinning Loft last week. It's a Greensleeves McKenna Lee in Bolivian Rosewood with a walnut shaft. It weighs 26grams and spins like a dream. Now to actually use it instead of just looking at how pretty it is.

6 comments:

Catherine Kerth said...

I would love to learn how to spin! that spindle sure is purrrrrty! So is all that handspun yarn!

MsKnottyKnits said...

I can't wait to see what you can do with a drop spindle! You are spinning some gorgeous stuff Lisa!!

Kim said...

Wow!
Your spinning is incredible and I love that new spindle.

Opal said...

i love how you spun up that midnight desire. can you believe i still haven't skeined mine?

your drop spindle is gorgeous!

Alpaca Granny said...

Lisa, come visit. I'm always closeby for my fiber friends.
Maple
BTW, your spinning is lovely.

AlisonH said...

Beautiful!

Never did master the drop spindle yet. Someday. The wheel, ie, the easy stuff, yes...